Skip take-out and try this this flavourful stir-fried vegetables and quinoa dish
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (roughly 3 cups cooked quinoa)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into think sticks
- 1 cup peas
- 2-3 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced for garnish
- In a medium pot, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork, then set aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil, then sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots. Stir until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked quinoa to the pan. Add peas and stir until well-mixed. Create a hole/space in the middle of the pan, add the eggs and mix egg to scramble. Once the egg is partially cooked, stir it in with the rest of the dish.
- Add the soy sauce and give the dish a final stir.
- Serve while hot. Garnish with sliced scallions (optional).
This is the vegetarian option. I tried it last night adding chicken which worked well, but you could also use other meats or salmon.
Click here for more yummy and healthy Team One Fitness recipes.
comment : 32