Here are a few nutritional tips that will help you to improve and get a healthy balanced diet.
There are many different diets around and some of them are more hardcore then others. All the various types of diets and opinions can be confusing. ?The following tips are less drastic but they refer to basic nutritional guidelines to get yourself back on track. It’s a good way to start and by following these simple tips you should be able to get some results, shed some weight and feel better.
Remember, combine a healthy diet with an active lifestyle. From the moment you are burning more calories then you are taking in, you start to lose weight. I know it is easier said than done but it’s the truth.? Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Reduce the consumption of carbohydrates and increase your intake of protein. Eat protein with every meal and choose protein from different sources, e.g. fish, eggs, meat, poultry, lentils, etc.
- Increase the consumption of ‘good’ fats and reduce the consumption of ‘bad’ fats.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption and be extremely conscious of the foods consumed while you drink; i.e. burgers and chips .
- Decrease your amount of carbohydrates consumed as the day progresses and activity levels decrease. Rather have your carbs in the morning and at lunchtime and depending on your weight loss goals, maybe have none for dinner.
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between. Increase your metabolism by having 5/6 meals a day. Make breakfast your most important meal of the day and don’t skip meals.
- Drink 8 glasses water each day or 2 litres. Have a glass of water before your meal. This helps fill you up before you eat.
- Choose clean, natural and non-processed foods.
- Eat fruits which are low in sugar (e.g. blueberries, strawberries, etc).
Last but not least a few general tips:
- Be organised, make your meal plan and make sure you have all the ingredients at home.
- Choose a meal plan which is easy to maintain.
- Control what’s in your food by cooking yourself.
- Remember everything in moderation.
- Include variety in your diet.