Here’s a short update from what’s been happening within Team One Fitness.
This week the last Vandamme challenges were completed and I’m very happy with the results. Nearly everyone improved their time and even up to 4 min faster then 2 months ago in April. Others stepped it up to a next level and used a heavier weight.
- Fastest time (male) at Coogee with a 20 kg KB: Jeremy Gregory
- Fastest time (female) at Coogee with a 12 kg KB: Kate Roff
- Fastest time (female) at Coogee/Bondi with a 8 kg KB: Tara Worner
- Stepped up from 12 kg to 16 kg KB: Mike Rasch
- Biggest improvement compared to April (4 min 8 sec faster!!!): Brock Vennell
- People that did the Vandamme twice at 2 different locations or at the same location : Tyneal, Brett, Jeremy, Grace
- Biggest improvement in 12 hours: Tyneal Bunt. Tyneal did the challenge on Thursday evening 6.30pm for the first time ever and did it again the next morning at 6.15am. Quiet amazingly she did it 4’50” faster at her second attempt!! Amazing what a good night sleep can do :).
Some people ordered some home equipment with me which I will give to you next week if I haven’t already given it. I’m more then happy with helping you with some home workouts/exercises. Get it in touch and we’ll take it from there.
For some who are already doing stuff (read: training) with a 20 kg KB and want to step it up, I bought a 24 kg KB named ‘the beast’.
Kate Roff is going to leave us for a little while and she’s planning on doing 3 half marathons. Her training in the next couple of months will be purely focussed on running. Kate I wish you all the best in the races and thanks for all your training, good energy and commitment.
If you’re planning on doing City2Surf (9 weeks away), please let me know. I can give you a easy to follow running program based on your running skills/fitness level which you can do before we start with the actual Team One Fitness running sessions. This will be more focussed on running longer distances at normal race pace which you can do on your own.
My plan to go back to my home country for a holiday didn’t work out for now. We might try and go away a little later in the year. If you know any kick arse trainers who are reliable, trustworthy and available, please let me know.
Mornings are getting a little chillier but still beautiful. June is supposed to be the wettest month of the year and we hardly haven’t seen any rain. Don’t let it affect your motivation! Set your alarm, get out there and keep your fitness levels and training up!
Have a great weekend and see you at training!
If you know anyone who wants to join or try our sessions, please let them know. If you’re on a 1, 3 or 6 month membership and you refer someone that signs up for one those 3 packages, you’ll receive a $45 discount on your next month of training.